question

pekie avatar image
pekie asked

CCGX frozen on logo screen

This CCGX is running fw 2.92 and connected to a quattro. Everything has been working perfect for years, nothing changed when suddenly the CCGX only displayed the logo screen. I suspect it did a reboot for some reason but is stuck in the sequence.

I tried a power cycle, 2- button reboot, 3-button reboot with SD card and everything disconnected.

Anything else I can try?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pekie avatar image
pekie answered ·

I finally was able to reboot with fw2.18 on an SD card and pressing/holding the left center button and briefly pressing the 2 top buttons. Oddly enough, I am not able to update the fw anymore. Via Wifi, it will download and install but never reboot, when using SD-card or USB it doesn't "find" the update file. I tried to replace the Venus.swu file of the fw2.18 for fw2.92 or fw2.94 but that resulted in a black screen with a lot of Linux command lines. It almost seems that part of the flash memory got bad and will not hold the larger newer firmware versions.

Any thoughts?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pekie avatar image
pekie answered ·

After trying different versions of fw, I can confirm that the size of the fw matters. Version 2.40 gave me the #42 error confirming my suspicion that the flash memory went bad.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If a hard reset hasn't worked, hopefully something hasn't broken. You can try boot from USB with the current firmware image available at professional.victronenergy.com which will reflash it.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

As you've tested extensively, I suggest you return it for warranty service.

2 |3000