question

Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions avatar image
Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions asked

Cerbo DX wlan Issues

Hey. I have seached all of the topics related and no solvency yet.

I have a Cerbo DX that needs a reset monthly. It will drop its connectivity to WLAN I have in my summer house. I have had the product for 3 years, I have done all the firmware upgrades, changed the modem and the problem still persists.

The product jams every 3 to 8 weeks and needs a power off and on. I have made a switch for it so I dont need to pull the cord off and put back on.

There is no way I can reset the Cerbo DX remotely when it jammes, I do the reset remotely every two weeks as a calendar reminder.

Is there any resolution from Victron for this yet? almost 3 years of this nonsense so far!

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions There is the option for the Cerbo to reboot on loss of comms.

Perhaps set this to 1 hour and see if this improves things.

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions

This could probably be caused by a number of things. I suffered it for a long time on a CCGX, and (eventually) tracked it to a LAN addressing issue. But I couldn't nail it down. I changed out a crappy wifi hotspot, and that improved it. but didn't cure it.

I also use ethernet as well as wifi, from a WinPC (using ICS). And every few days it would change the address of the GX and fail. This with the GX set to Automatic IP configuration. So one day when I got it up and working I changed it to Manual - and it never happened again. Tried that on the wifi and it worked there too. Both stable now.

I use the auto reboot that @klim8skeptic mentioned too, but I rarely look there, just to see that it isn't happenong continuously. I'm not even sure I remember if a reboot would require my reapplying the addressing steps.

I can't explain this, but It-Just-Works for me. Something you could try..

And if it's a bug in the GX, then Victron would want to know I'm sure. I just couldn't nail down enough facts.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

So basically, you created a static IP for the Cerbo GX and it started working properly? This would make sense as the Dynamic IP could change. Will try to make it a static IP client. Thanks for the info! Im wondering why I didn't try this before :D

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions commented ·

@Jussi Jokinen - Armas Productions

Not exactly. I let it allocate the DHCP in Automatic, then just change it to Manual (on the GX) when it says Connected. And it sticks?..

Edit/. I don't actually have a router to set Static IPs.

0 Likes 0 ·