question

Russell Brown avatar image
Russell Brown asked

Multipluss II - Battery Monitor ON or OFF ? have Lynx Smart Shunt

Can I turn OFF the Multiplus "battery monitor" setting ??

I have the Lynx Smart shunt set as battery monitor, does the Multiplus use the Lynx shunt for SOC and battery temp and voltage when charging ?

I have a Multipluss II connected to a Cerbo GX, also a Lynx Smart Shunt connected to the Cerbox GX.

Have searched and can't find answer.

Multiplus-IIlynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

When you have the Lynx shunt chosen then the Multiplus will use the SOC from the Lynx. If you use any functions in the Multiplus that use SOC such as shutdown on low SOC function or assistants then you need to leave the Multiplus monitor on. Otherwise you can turn it off.

For the Multiplus to use battery voltage, temperature and current from the Lynx you need to enable DVCC under settings, then enable SVS (share voltage sensing), STS (temperature) and share the temperature sensor to use and SCS (current). All covered in the manual.

screenshot-20230508-230150-kindlephoto-1123148385.png

screenshot-20230508-230237-kindlephoto-1123194151.png

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Russell Brown avatar image Russell Brown commented ·

Thank you for taking the time answer that.

I would love to use DVCC but I use NON Victron Lithium so can't.

I don't set any low shut off's etc. As long as I don't need the "battery monitor" setting in order for the Multiplus to charge properly, then I will turn it off.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas Russell Brown commented ·
You can use dvcc with any battery type, the manual actually suggests this. With dvcc enabled, shared voltage and shared current enabled, those values will be shared from the shunt across all connected devices.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@pwfarnell

"If you use any functions in the Multiplus that use SOC such as shutdown on low SOC function or assistants then you need to leave the Multiplus monitor on."

This may be firmware related, but that's not necessary, at least with newer firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources