question

luigi-miranda avatar image
luigi-miranda asked

Touch 50 not responding and wrong resolution.

My Cerbo GX all of a sudden changed screen resolution to the Touch 50 and the touch stopped working. I can not use it, only over VRM remote console. This happened after a firmware upgrade from 2.92 to 2.94. I changes firmware back to 2.92 and still the same problem. I tried rebooting, power cycle, usb and hdmi reconnection, etc with no success. Any help?

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnswimer avatar image johnswimer commented ·
Same issue. Multiple reboots and no luck
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This will sound strange, but please try rebooting the Cerbo GX a minimum of 3 times in a row, keep rebooting until it is fixed.

I have had that resolve this unusual issue before.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luigi-miranda avatar image luigi-miranda commented ·

I just rebooted it over seven times. Still the same. This seems to happen to other users from what I can see in the knowledgebase. But I havn’t seen a post with a definite solution. Thanks for your help though.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy,

Hi and thanks for your response. I am still having this problem with my Touch 50. I see that some other users are having the same issue lately. Do you know if Victron has officially documented this? I can't find anything other than the posts in the knowledgebase. The only change that I did, was that I upgrded the CerboGX from v2.92 to v2.94 the day before the problem started. Not sure if this is related. I chenged the firmware back to v2.92 but still had the problem.

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ luigi-miranda commented ·

Hi @Luigi Miranda,

I'll see if I can get the issue escalated, and a better answer.

While waiting for that, here was another work around that I saw, the order of operations was important for that user;

cleanshot-2023-05-23-at-113338.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Try disconnecting the display (both HDMI and USB) and reboot the cerbo at least twice. Then disconnect power from the cerbo, reconnect the display (both HDMI and USB), then reconnect power to the cerbo. This has worked for me in the past.

1 comment
2 |3000

Tried it now. No luck.
0 Likes 0 ·
johnswimer avatar image
johnswimer answered ·

Unplugging HDMI and the USB, Rebooting 3 times, powering down, reconnecting the Touch 50 and booting fixed the issue for me.

2 |3000

itsjeff avatar image
itsjeff answered ·

This happened to me today, and after rebooting 15 times with and without the HDMI and USB disconnected, it didn't work for me. I disconnected everything except the HDMI and USB, then added each of my connections one at a time and rebooted after each connection, trying to trace which connection was the problem. For some reason, I reconnected everything, and everything works again.

1 comment
2 |3000

A somewhat infuriating process, but did you come to some conclusion as to what was wrong, or what exactly was the thing that resolved it?
0 Likes 0 ·