question

adeart avatar image
adeart asked

VE BUS MULTIPLUS

Can Victron please explain what the difference is between

1. Connection Board

2. Power Board and

3. Control Board

all on a MultiPlus 24/5000/120-100 and how does an overload immediately after a Firmware Update affect 1 to 3 above. with no load connected.

A firmware update was done because AC Input showed disconnected while all connections was intact

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
carlrjohnson avatar image
carlrjohnson answered ·

The immediate overload I would start by checking wiring connections to make sure nothing is crossed or touching. Or try disconnecting the output and switching back on to see if the problem goes away.

I just put in a Cerbo and I had to go back in and reassign what AC In 1 was. Are you in a similar situation, or is it a stand-alone installation?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adeart avatar image adeart commented ·

Thank you #hcarlrjohnson .

It is a stand-alone system. The bottom line is i took it to a Victron recommended dealer for check up, i was told or given a price repair quote for the 3 items mentioned just for doing a firmware update.

My question would is "How can a firmware update result in damage to the 3 items listed and also why would Victron release a firmware that will damage a device immediately after a software update with no loads onpic-4.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
pic-4.jpg (1.4 MiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic