question

klann avatar image
klann asked

doubts about VE.bus smart dongle

Hello colleagues, I have a question, in a camper I have installed the following devices:
- Orion Tr smart 12/12/30A (to charge battery from alternator)
- Smartsolar MPPT 100/50 (solar panel regulator)
- Multiplus 12/1200/50
-Smart battery sense
- Smartshunt 500A/50mV

And the question is the following, when the car is running, the batteries will receive a charge from the Orion and the MPPT, and I would like that at that moment, there would be a maximum charging current to the batteries.

Could I get it if I bought a VE.bus smart dongle and then I could create a VE.smart networking from where I could control the load coming from the MPPT? Because the Orion cannot be added to the VE.smart networking, but the MPPT could be regulated by reading the smartshunt, right?

Let's see if someone can help me, thank you very much!

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

if the current from the MPPT, Orion and loads flow through the smart shunt, then this will give you your total charge / discharge current.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klann avatar image klann commented ·

Yes, the smartshunt will give me the total charge/discharge that goes in/out. With this information that the load input gives me, will I be able to program the MPPT so that it does not exceed a limit that puts current on it?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual