question

electrongeek avatar image
electrongeek asked

Can Multiplus with VE.Bus Smart Dongle obtain SOC data from BMV-712 on VE.Smart network?

I just had a Multiplus 2000/80-50 120 with VE.Bus Smart Dongle installed by a Victron Certified Dealer. He is insistent that the Multiplus can stay synchronised with true battery SOC, despite the presence of solar charging and an alternator. This is not what I am observing. I can find no way for the Multiplus to obtain SOC information from the BMV-712 over the Bluetooth VE.Smart network, nor can I find any evidence in Victron documentation that the VE.Bus Smart Dongle can accept information for the Multiplus from other devices on the VE.Smart network.

The bottom line is that the Multiplus, which had "Battery Monitoring" enabled on installation, gets farther and farther behind on its knowledge of SOC compared to the true SOC reflected by the BMV-712. The only way I can see to reset the Multiplus SOC information is to charge to float on shore power.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Chip

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Look at the smart network manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/ve-smart-networking-product-compatibility.html

There is a list with all compatible devices and what information they can send or receive.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic