question

daza avatar image
daza asked

Lynx Distributor

img-3887.jpegHi Guys I finally have some Victron gear. I modified the lynx distributor with a 5volt supply to get the LEDs to show but it does not appear to be working correctly. When powered on briefly the LED for the fuses light up red and the power led lights up orange, when it settles down the only led that shows is the power LED and that shows as orange, I have not got any batteries yet it’s a long expensive road.

found the answer RTFM means no batteries are on the bus bar so shows orange

lynx distributor
img-3887.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

Hi Daza. It is in warning state (one or more fuses are broken). This also happens if there is no fuse at all. Have you installed all mega-fuses?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Hi mate no no fuses but it was because I didn’t have any voltage on the bus bar now I’m powering the GX though 12volts supply that I’ve connected to the bus bar and the lights work and go out when I put copper wire between the poles so it works as should but didn’t know it needed to see voltage on the bus bar I thought it was a dumb continuity circuit.

2 |3000