question

neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy asked

Better Victron Multiplus Bottom Cover Fastener Idea

This is more of a hardware modification. I made a 3D printed push rivet to secure the bottom cover of the Multiplus IIs because often times we install these in tight places where getting a screw driver in would be very difficult. True you could put a Phillips bit in a socket but that's also troublesome when you need to get into it and might not have those with you.

Thoughts?

https://sotasolar.com/blog/victron-multiplus-ii-3000-push-rivet-for-bottom-case-3d-print-stl-file

https://youtu.be/wwadYYQTEqE

img-0621.jpegimg-0622.jpeg

Multiplus-II
img-0621.jpeg (1.4 MiB)
img-0622.jpeg (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ojack avatar image
ojack answered ·

The bottom cover needs to be closed securely with screws because there are unprotected high voltage terminals under the cover.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Also you need 300mm space in order to meet the cooling airflow.

2 |3000

Mike Mitchell avatar image
Mike Mitchell answered ·

Funny this just came up; I installed a Multiplus-II 2x120 this weekend and had a heck of a time getting one of the bottom cover screws back in after installation.

As far as 300mm of space under the unit... the MultiPlus-II 2x120 seems purpose built for North American 50amp trailers/motorhomes... and there's not a single unit out with bays tall enough that would allow mounting upright and have 300mm of clearance both below and above. Not sure where the 300mm came from anyway- at least for the 2x120 the manual lists 10cm (~4") which is doable.

I did end up getting both screws in but I'm going to print this out and try it just for kicks; thanks for sharing it.

2 |3000