question

bschrijver avatar image
bschrijver asked

EAsySolar shows discharge and low SOC with charged battery's and under surplus SolarPower

Hi,

My EasySolar-II 48/3000/35-32 software behaves unexpected.

Battery shows discharging all the time down to 0% SOC. I was advised to buy the BMV module to solve this.

I think the software calculates internal loss as power taken from the battery (altough solar and grid are available and batteries remain fully charged).

In the attached picture AC loads + Grid Feed almost equals PV charger output.

Battery voltage is always 52.80 (from 100% SOC down to 0% SOC) so the 198 watt discharge is a faulty indication.

However, the voltage of the battery is available to the software so a rough SOC can be calculated anyway, without shunt. Its a software design error. I would appreciate an update not giving this miscalculated discharge and SOC.

Have a nice day !discharging.jpg

EasySolar All-in-Oneess discharging
discharging.jpg (33.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I guess the BMV is not wired correctly, check the manual again.

Maybe make some pictures of the installation.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bschrijver avatar image bschrijver commented ·

Thanks for the response Matthias.

There is no (external) BMV connected.

It is just the EasySolar-II GX 48/3000/35-32, 8 solar panels in 2 strings, 4 batteries (with fuse, no shunt or BMV). And as you can see a grid connection AC1-in and load on AC1-out.

:-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bschrijver commented ·

What batteries?
What settings in the GX device and MultiPlus?

0 Likes 0 ·
bschrijver avatar image
bschrijver answered ·

veconfigure3file.pdf is the configure file. The extention changed to pdf to send it here, when you change it back you can load the file in the config tool. 4x 100 ah AGM battery.

What are you lokking for ?? All parameters are set to match the battery and the system runs mode battery always charged for UPS purposes.

Kind regards,

Bram

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic