question

ctw0307 avatar image
ctw0307 asked

Smart MPPT 100/50 stops charging system until I cycle power

Smart MPPT 100/50 stops charging system until I cycle power. What conditions could stop charging? Where can I read up on this?

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj answered ·

Is the charger still saying it's in Bulk charging mode but not actually charging?

Also, does it stay like this permanently or for less that 30 minutes or so?

The reason I ask is I get this with 5 x SmartSolar chargers I have randomly. They go to almost 0W but then recover after an apparently random period of time that can be up to half an hour if not longer. If I power cycle them they start working again instantly.

I raised this issue on this forum but never got to the bottom of it so I ended up writing my own NodeRed script to turn them off/on if this happens to minimise the issue. Example below (with NodeRed correcting the issue):

screenshot-20230430-232318-vrm.jpg

Another possibility is the charger thinks the batteries are charged but In this case the charger would either be in Absorption or Float mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic