question

ianh avatar image
ianh asked

Quattro airflow

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Quattro 48/8000 has internal fans and if so how much air do they flow? Thanks

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes they do have Internal fans, The Air flow sorry but I dont know that one,

The fans turn on when the units get to hot .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Randall Shearer avatar image
Randall Shearer answered ·

Good question. Or, how to prevent heat accumulation in a small space, with Caribbean heat being the ambient air supply.

Does anyone have a reference for the maximum potential air-flow might be needed to remove heat?

Thinking out loud - the maximum air-flow rate of the Quattro might be a good starting point for determining CFM air-change for the space that houses the Quattro.

Am I making this more complicated than it is?

When planning for a Quattro installation, I want to be sure the Quattro doesn't create more heat than what can be removed from the surrounding space.

Help please.

2 comments
2 |3000

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

I think you're right to do some homework, especially if you need to operate the unit(s) at nameplate capacity. Can you quantify your ambient temperature in the Carribeans?

I'm not aware of CFMs being specified in Victron products which means that the CFMs could actually change without notice if Victron tweaks their production.

Are you looking at a one-off situation or will it become a typical installation scenario?

edit: removed bit here about max duration after googling caribbean ... not as hot as I thought it might be.

(It may also be worth creating a new thread if you want to go into more detail)

0 Likes 0 ·
Randall Shearer avatar image Randall Shearer kai ♦ commented ·

Hello, and thanks for your reply. Southern Caribbean can be 34 degrees Celsius, and a closed up vessel can easily be 45C. If a Quattro is located in a small cabinet, heat would accumulate, and the only cooling would be air changes in/out of the cabinet space. It would be nice to know the max CFM of the Quattro, as a guide for designing air-flow from the cabinet to the vessel's main space, and then a similar CFM removal from the main vessel. While this is a one-off scenario for me, I can't be the only case of Quattro being installed in a small space.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic