question

ninefall avatar image
ninefall asked

Using Cerbo GX relay to power a DPDT relay?

Hi All,

I have a Valterra electric grey tank dump valveimg-3095.jpeg on my van that I want to be able to actuate with my cerbo relay 1. I'm looking for ideas on how to make this possible.

The valve itself came with a DPDT switch with 3 wires going to the motor. In valve close position I have power to the outside wires in the harness, in valve open that's reversed and I only have power to the center wire.

If I were to wire the cerbo relay wires + & - to a DPDT relay, this would essentially do the same as my current switch, correct? I could then disregard my switch and use only the cerbo relay as my on and off?

I'm very much a beginner at relay wiring and I just wanted to bounce this off of you guys. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the web anywhere.

Thank you.

cerbo gx
img-3095.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Note that 2 of the switch contacts are looped - there will be no problem using a dpdt relay, BUT the switch must be disconnected. If you want a manual operate too, then use a small switch to control the dpdt relay in parallel wit the cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.