question

jbell avatar image
jbell asked

connect tank 140 gx over long distance with cerbo gx

Hi @ all

My main victron installation is more than 50meters apart from my two water tanks. is there a way to connect a tank 140 gx device wirelessly to a cerbo gx? the aim would be to see tank level and solar power on one screen in VRM portal. First I thought to buy a second cerbo gx, connect the tank 140 gx device and map the second cerbo gx to my existing installation in VRM portal. But if I am right, I can't have 2 cerbo in one installation, right? I could add a installation with the second cerbo but then can't see all information on one screen, right?

Such a long cable connection would be very difficult to install on one hand and on the other hand I have only found actively reinforced USB cables up to 30 meters, alternatively would be perhaps USB2LAN... But just, very complicated. Am I the only one who does not have his water tanks next to the batteries?

Am very grateful for your thoughts on this setting.

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

Victron has wired to wireless Zigbee modules. A zigbee module should be able to handle 50 meters in open air without a problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.