question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

Which protocol does the Victron EV chargers use?

Good afternoon,

currently I search for Infos how to build/design an AC/DC combined EV charging station Type 2 with 230V/32A/7kW . However, the DC part is ELV (Extra Low Voltage) with 24V/80A/2kW or 48V/80A/4kW.

I like to know, which protocol the Victron EV Charger use, to communicate to the EV.

I consider using the OCPI v2.2.1 or the newer under development 3.0.0.

Thanks for your help

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

None, OCPP will be added later. For now, it can be controlled externally over Modbus TCP

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Hmmm, OCPP does not support the V2G charging if I am right.

Can not download from the website du to a Download-Form error.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Is there a document for the Modbus protocol used in the EV charging station?

I have already experimented with the VE.Direct protocol and a Banana PI Zero to get my own wind charger in Victron integrated.

Now I want to do this with an OEM EV charging electronic 230V/32A which just cost me 138€ including shipping from China. However, it has a RS485 communication port. ;-)

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Thankyou

However, I got today per Post a EVCS for testing but it seems, the WIFI does not work trough 40cm thick Log-Wall.. The distance between the WiFi Ap and the Charger in the garage is only 12m.

2 |3000

It seems, I have to wait until an Ethernet version is availlable.

2 |3000