question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.31~2 available for testing

Dear all,

After releasing v2.30 officially last week, today, we released beta version v2.31~2 for testing. See below for the changes. This new versions contains a few bug fixes, and is planned to be released quickly.

For information on how to join, or leave, the Venus OS beta testing program, as well as other information about it, see this document.

In case you see any issues or bugs, please post below here as an answer or comment. Thank you!

Changes compared to v2.30:

• Fix digital inputs in Venus GX not working properly (broken in v2.30)
  • Fix summary of scheduled charging missing in the gui (broken in v2.30)
  • Add new MultiPlus-II model names
  • Add ModbusTCP registers , 32-bit registers for PV Inverter Energy measurements
  • Fix Automatic system voltage detection not working properly for systems with a MultiPlus Compact that is switched off & has dipswitch 2 set to On. Thank you at @Suavek for reporting.

Those are all pressing issues and fixes that we're aware of: all that is to be done for v2.31 is give it a bit of time and test more. If you know or see anything else, please let me know by posting below.

Best regards, Matthijs

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-hagtharp avatar image john-hagtharp commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

I'm running with DVCC and ESS set to "Keep batteries charged".

I updated to v2.31~2 last night (June 3) at 19:22 (UTC+8). From that time on, float voltage was not maintained and the SOC started drifting downward. The grid was out from 20:28 until 22:02. Charging did not commence until this morning from the MPPTs.

Please feel free to connect in and take a look.

I believe this issue is also in v2.30 and might specifically occur after a reboot. If you look at May 29, you will see a brief Passthru mode at 18:50 which is probably when I upgraded to v2.30. From that point, float voltage was not maintained for the rest of the night and the SOC gradually drifted downward. There was no grid failure that night so the effect on SOC was not as significant.

Regards,

John

CCGX: v2.31~2
MultiPlus 48/3000/35-50 (x2 parallel single phase); v459

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 x 2: v1.39

BMV-702: v3.10

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ john-hagtharp commented ·

Thank you John. A colleague will look into this and if necessary contact you by mail.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

One weird thing I just noticed:

It was announced that Shared Temperature Sense would be unavailable for the moment, from RC 2.30 ~47 onwards. No mentioning about SVS, so I suppose it will be kept. I updated to 2.30 final release and what I just observed is that, for me, STS seems to still be working and what is not working is the SVS between my Multi(s) and my MPPTs, at least the one that has a temporary version.

I will update to the new RC to see if this stays the same.

EDIT: measured more carefully, SVS seems working.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Yeap, same behavior. While in absorption, when I activate DVCC / SVS, I see no change in voltage anywhere. Multi sees around 28.7x.

EDIT: there is fact a small difference after I enable SVS, so probably is ok. The issue is the voltage jump after enabling STS.

If I activate STS, it jumps for 28.8x, a small 100mV step on the voltage coming from MPPT.

I have set my Multi absorption voltage set to 28.75.
Current temperature on sensor is around 22ºC.

- Could it be that, with STS deactivated, the MPPT follows the Multi profile (28.75) and when active, it uses the internal reference 28.8? I say this because today's temperature is not very far, neither too cold or too hot, maybe I souldn't see any change with STS after all...

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Elimac commented ·

Hi, see changelog of one of the last v2.30 beta versions: SVS feature was put back to how it was in v2.23.

I expect that to explain it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) - wasn't STS reverted back to v2.23 functionality & not SVS? (your comment above states SVS)

As far as I understand SVS should be fully functional in v2.30, including the fix for the bug where MPPT was sometimes selected as the source over the VE.Bus device (Multi/Quattro).

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Mark ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. Elimac commented ·

About the jumping of the voltage after changing to svs and no svs...

i have rc2.30

0 Likes 0 ·
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

Feature Request Venus GX OS

RE the Digital inputs: Device List-Setup-Volume Units- options

Could I suggest some improvements

- Volume Units >> to just "Units"

- could you add an option for "Custom" lable as digial inputs can be used for many things, to many to cover in a list. I use the digital inputs for a tipping bucket rain gauge and energy meters giving a pulse output. I'm sure many of your customers use the inputs of other things as well.

Look forward to your consideration.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Ray! Units: thanks, noted.

Naming: You can rename it. Its just a bit hidden. See the Device submenu of the digital input that you want to rename.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources