question

davidwigley avatar image
davidwigley asked

Touch 50 Screen image/font to large to operate?

Problem: I have a Cerbo GX with a Touch 50 screen. The image on the touch is too large for the screen and consequently the touch controls are not available. I tried reboots, disconnecting all the cables and re-attaching them one at a time in various combinations. The unit still displays the image too large to view and use the screen. I then upgraded the Cerbo GX to the latest version 2.94 => no change in behaviour. The Touch 50 is basically now useless... any suggestions on how to fix it please?

There has been no new devices added or taken away, it just started this behaviour after a few screens with lines and black screens shooting up a few times. After many reboots it stabilised with the big useless screen=> Graphic card like issues?

Is the graphics processor in the Touch 50 or the Cerbo GX device?

Help please ... thanks....David

1 day later, screen resized once, but un-usable as it displays vertical lines when touched and will not bring up the menu or change pages?????? and five minutes later back to the large font/image/display issue ???????? :(

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Sounds like a defective unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidwigley avatar image davidwigley commented ·
It's definitely a screen display signal issue (probably coding or a graphic processor fault) as the Cerbo GX is still collecting, processing and displaying information output on the VRM perfectly. The video cable still looks like new, so I am not sure why it would have any issues there. The unit has only been installed less than two years ago, so it's really annoying that it's faulty already. I need to know if the fault is within the Cerbo GX, or the Touch 50 as I don't want to have to replace both. :(
0 Likes 0 ·