question

jonny-b avatar image
jonny-b asked

Multiplus II Stuck In Sustain Mode

I've got a new system: Multiplus II, Gerbo GX and ET112 grid meter with 2 x Pylontech US5000 batteries. It's installed with an existing AC-coupled solar PV system. The batteries charged and ESS assistant was set up using VE Configure 3. I set the charger absorption and float voltages to 51.7v & 51.0v respectively. My VRM portal is showing batteries at 100%, 52.3v and inverter's in Sustain, even though I'm drawing a few kW from the grid. The Pylontech's BMS is on CAN-Bus as recommended. Oh, and battery low level cut-off's 48V. I've read through all the documentation available but can't see what's wrong - any ideas please?

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

@jonny-b. I noticed a couple of times, that the Multi and Cerbo are blocked when the MK3-usb is still connected. Disconnect it and reboot Multi and Cerbo, and see if this solves the problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonny-b avatar image jonny-b commented ·

Thanks for the suggestion. Disconnected ethernet cable from Mk3 dongle & started the Multiplus - no change, still in Sustain.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic