question

andreas-siebenmorgen avatar image
andreas-siebenmorgen asked

EV charging station: Off grid mode how to check?

Can anybody tell me how to check if EV charging station with firmware 1.25 is in off grid mode?

I have trouble using auto mode and fear that not being in off grid mode is the reason for that.

ev charging station
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, can you describe your system?

0 Likes 0 ·
andreas-siebenmorgen avatar image andreas-siebenmorgen Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

It is a little bit special:

My system is totally off grid.

On the AC in of my Multiplus (EasySolar) is a Smart Phoenix connected. So they are both daisy chained. The smart Phoenix is defined as a “Generator” and constantly running. When there is more power demand than the Phoenix can deliver, the Multiplus adds this power using power assist.

I think this is not very common ;-)

My EV charging station (and my house) is connected to AC out of the Multiplus.

Phoenix and Multiplus are connected to the same Battery. There is also a Cerbo and a Lynx shunt in place and two smart Solar MPPT.

Also there is a Carlo Gavazzi Grid meter for measuring consumed grid power, but grid is not connected to my system!

img-9411.png

img-0134.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0134.jpeg (303.7 KiB)
1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Yes, it is a special system :)
as you can see, it detects power flowing on AC In, and because of this, it is considered grid connected. Please test it again without and share the results

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andreas-siebenmorgen avatar image andreas-siebenmorgen commented ·

Is there a way to force off grid mode with my configuration?

Because i‘m using two 48/3000 devices, disconnecting my phoenix from AC in will cause my Multiplus to be overloaded too often.

0 Likes 0 ·