question

bartholdl avatar image
bartholdl asked

EV Charging station shows up on multiple Cerbo GX devices

Hello everyone,

I have a Victron EVCS charging station, and two Cerbo GX devices that control two separate solar setups. All three devices are on the same local network. I've setup the EV Station to talk to the first Cerbo GX, by configuring the IP address of the first Cerbo GX and the VRM Portal ID in the EV Charger menu. I also set the IP address of the first Cerbo GX as the EVCS Modbus TCP Server. This all works fine. The EVCS talks to the CerboGX, and it shows up in the device list, and on VRM.

The funny thing now is that the second Cerbo GX has "picked up" the EVCS in its device list, and shows it on its VRM page. How is that possible? The EVCS is not setup to communicate to the second Cerbo GX. In fact, on this second CerboGX Modbus TCP is disabled!

The EVCS is on firmware V1.25, and both CerboGX are on 2.93.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Barthold

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
Add only the IP you want to control the EVCS into the whitelist ( webpage settings/general) After doing this you can delete it from the second GX, and it's not going to be added again.
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bartholdl avatar image bartholdl commented ·

Thank you, that did work!

However, it seems really strange that when I setup the EVCS to point to one particular CerboGX (with its IP address and VRM ID), the other CerboGX picks it up too. That is really not intuitive at all. Would be great if you can fix this somehow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bartholdl commented ·

There are cases when you want a charging station to be controlled from multiple GX devices, and you can have the opposite, multiple charging stations controlled from a single GX. For you, probably it's not useful, but for others it can be.

0 Likes 0 ·