question

arminf avatar image
arminf asked

MQTT stopped working

Hi,

My Cerbo happily sent via MQTT for many months - and stopped updating some days ago.

I am using MQTT Explorer as a separate app on my laptop and inside Home Assistant. I see the same (outdated; "retained") values from Cerbo in both MQTT Explorer instances.

Other MQTT sources (e.g. Home Assistant SambaNAS keep updating.)

I switched "MQTT on LAN" in Cerbo off to make it disappear in MQTT Explorer. To my surprise, venus-home still shows the (not updating) Cerbo. Should this not disappear?

I switched back from Cerbo firmware 2.94 (12 April 2023) to 2.93. Did not help.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Armin

cerbo gxMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ernie avatar image
ernie answered ·

Same happened to me today, did you resolve the isue?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicopret avatar image
nicopret answered ·

I have the same problem. My Cerbo is on firmware v2.94. The MQTT keepalive has been implemented as per https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt#keep-alive%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B

I noticed that MQTT messages re-appear on MQTT Explorer the moment I go to my https://vrm.victronenergy.com/ portal page. However, if I close the portal page, the MQTT messages stop about a minute later on my Cerbo and then obviously shortly thereafter on my Mosquitto broker.

Even though the keepalive is executed successfully, it seems it has no effect once I close the VRM portal page on my browser. Other devices that also connect to my Mosquitto broker continues to work without any issues.

Any suggestions how this can be resolved?

Thank you,

Nico

2 |3000

nicopret avatar image
nicopret answered ·

I replaced "/keepalive" with "/system/0/Serial" in my automation.yaml file and now it works fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

vitaminus avatar image vitaminus commented ·

I have been using "/system/0/Serial" for keepalive since the begining so it doesn't seem to be the problem for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
vitaminus avatar image
vitaminus answered ·

Hi, I have the same issue. I have been using MQTT server for years already (to harvest by Node-Red and than InfluxDB), but it stopped working in May. The channels are connected in Node-red, but no data is being sent. Something was changed on Victron side I guess, I didn't touch anything. Any ideas please?

2 |3000

tuxedo0801 avatar image
tuxedo0801 answered ·

Is there any solution to this?

2 comments
2 |3000

tuxedo0801 avatar image tuxedo0801 commented ·

Just saw that Victron is changing the MQTT stuff: https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt

Updated to RC v3.1~12 ... will see if it fixes my issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ayoze avatar image Ayoze tuxedo0801 commented ·

do you have a solution? for me is almost imposible to update settings via MQTT, reading info is fine. Example:

1702417769833.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1702417769833.png (79.6 KiB)