question

dmkjr avatar image
dmkjr asked

Cerbo GX from Globallink

I have a GlobalLink 520 and enjoy the results, but only updating every 15 minutes is leaving me desiring more. I purchased a Cerbo GX and installed today.

When installing the GlobalLink 520 my SmartShunt and MPTT controller popped up to join to the GL. However, I am not finding an option to adopt the SmartShunt or the MPTT controller to the GX. Is that because it is already adopted to the GL? Or do I have to have VE wiring between the GX and the devices? I was hoping it could communicate via BT just as the GlobalLink does.

Thank you in advance!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
christern avatar image
christern answered ·

Or do I have to have VE wiring between the GX and the devices? I was hoping it could communicate via BT just as the GlobalLink does

It seems to me that the Cerbo only reads VE-cabled devices except Ruuvi-tags etc. That is one of the reasons why I am heading for a GL. (And quite strange that the "top-of-the line" product isn't communicating fully on BT.)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dmkjr avatar image
dmkjr answered ·

I agree that the Cerbo GX “should” do what the GL can do. I did order some VE direct cables and will hook up the devices, but it still doesn’t feel right.

2 |3000