question

halma avatar image
halma asked

Carlo Gavazzi EM24 firmware 1.8.3 april 2023 released

Hi,

I was already preparing to write an emotional message about my EM24, which would randomly hang itself up, causing my ESS system to not work correctly.

Today, I logged in to https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/ and saw that a new firmware had been released for the EM24.

April 13th, 2023

The new firmware v1.8.3 for the Energy meter EM24 Ethernet fixes a problem that those meters in some installations sometimes stop working.

They then require a power cycle, which is rather difficult, especially for an energy meter that is wired in series with the rest of the house/applications.

On Victron Professional in the firmware folder "Energy Meter Carlo Gavazzi EM24 ethernet" all details on how to update the firmware can be found.

April 2023 firmware v1.8.x

Changes:

• Fix meter getting stuck: add a timeout on socket_recv function in order to prevent it from getting stuck in case of false event of received packet.
  • Other improvements

I have just updated it, and I hope this will fix my problems. I will send in an update with my experiences. Thanks in advance for the new firmware.

em24
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
halma avatar image
halma answered ·

Still running as it should :) Very happy so far.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

halma avatar image
halma answered ·

After almost 1 month i did not have any problems anymore.

This release fixed the stuck problem. Thanks :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Manual EM24 RS485