question

jens-due avatar image
jens-due asked

Cerbo GX is frozen, no data from EM24 Energy meter.

Hello

I just want to hear if there are others who have experienced that their Cerbo GX is frozen. It's been a week since I updated to V2.82 there may be something to do with it.

I have 2 EM24 energy meters one on grid and one on solar in may ESS system, as I read my data from VRM it is data from those that are frozen, data from my Multiplus II is ok. I disconnected the ethernet cable to EM24 and reconnected it without any luck. But after a Reboot of Cerbo GX it works again. Does anyone have an idea of what can be done so it does not happen again.

cerbo gxESSem24
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

hello jens, do you updated the em24 with firmware 1.6.30.21010801 already? it can help, but i had still issues last time with cerbo although my pi3 still works with it. also you can try with fix ip adress instead of dhcp.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image
David answered ·

Even with the new firmware these meters can be finicky to get working. They really need static IP’s (and set to them in their UI)

They seem to settle down once the network conditions are stable - but are a right pita to get that way.

I also have two Em24’s (ethernet) - one on grid and one for AC coupled solar on the input side.

Imho the firmware could do with more work

2 |3000

bacanol avatar image
bacanol answered ·

I have exactly the same setup 1x EM at the grid side and one at the pv side. Both connections to my cerbo we’re lost during the night. I have updated both EM24s to the mentioned firmware and they were reachable all time. I rebooted the cerbo and it reconnected them straight away. I think there is something in the cerbo that causes these issues. Is there any way to tackle down this thing with logging information?

2 |3000