question

ericldickinson avatar image
ericldickinson asked

Bluetooth on my SmartSolar MPPT no longer working

I was able to access my MMPT SmartSolar 100/50 Charge Controller via the Victron app for the first few months after it was installed - however it no longer will show up in the Victron app. I have the Victron battery monitor which continues to show up in the app with no issue. This is all being done on the same Iphone that I have had since the beginning. I have reset all bluetooth on my phone, reinstalled the app, tried other phones - but the charge controller does not show up on bluetooth. The charge controller appears to be working fine, I just can no longer access the data via the app. The controller hasn't been moved or tampered with in anyway. Trying to figure out if there is something else I can try...

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

disconnect the MPPT from the solar and the battery for 10 min, then reconnect battery first then the solar. and see if its then working again.

Also make sure you are close by ie a mtr away when you try to connect and make sure you upgrade the unit if requested.

The 1 mtr request is just meant to mean just be close as the unit could be in a metal box or something and then test the distance best you will get will be around 10 mtrs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cass avatar image cass commented ·

i also lost connection for my mppt 150/70. I have connectivity still to my BMV 712. Is this the only way to get the bluetooth back working on the 150/70?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic