question

palpil avatar image
palpil asked

Cerbo GX Version 2.93 SSH connection again

Sorry. I read all the comments in this forum, but I have some trouble to get SSH running over Putty.

On my Cerbo GX I enabled the Remote connection. After that I restart the Cerbo.

I have a direct connection over local network (for a short test I also deactivate the Firewall on my PC system).

If I open Putty and try to get connection to local IP of the Cerbo, then I get no connection. Ping is running, well. Connection over local IP Address to the web server (remote console Lan) is also working well.

Do you have an idea? Do I forget something?

Thanks.

palpil

remote consolessh
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you follow the process on the cerbo to allow ssh access? It isn't on by default.

Remote support is something else.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

palpil avatar image
palpil answered ·

I enabled the Remote point, but I found not a special SSH feature. I tried to setup this over Remote and Browser.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This is when google is your friend, it is part of the gx documents available online.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access">https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access

2 |3000

palpil avatar image
palpil answered ·

Thanks for the links.

And sure. But why I cannot see this? I found this in a youtube video.

I think this is my challenge.

1681037119363.png

1681037119363.png (55.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Follow the document, you have to be in Superuser which it isn't by default.

All in the link I sent.

0 Likes 0 ·
palpil avatar image
palpil answered ·

If I open as User and Installer, then I see only this. Nothing with SSH. Only Remote Support.

1681037296003.png

1681037296003.png (26.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

I can't help you if you won't read the link I sent.

Highlight Access Level (don't open the select page, ie. make sure you are in the General Page, not the Access Level page)

Press and hold the right button of the center pad until you see the Access Level change to Superuser. Note: when working from the Remote Console, you need to use the right key on your keyboard. Pressing and holding the right button with your mouse won't work.

Now you have access to the super user features.

0 Likes 0 ·
palpil avatar image
palpil answered ·

Ok. Thanks :) I got it.

It is a little bit tricky. I pressed a lot of time the right button, but it does´nt work. You need to press 3-5 seconds.

1. Press and hold the right button of the center pad until you see the Access Level change to Superuser. Note: when working from the Remote Console, you need to use the right key on your keyboard. Pressing and holding the right button with your mouse won't work.

1681037777331.png

By the way. I read the whole time what you send :)

1681037777331.png (26.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Great, glad you're sorted.
0 Likes 0 ·
palpil avatar image
palpil answered ·

You are the best. Thanks.

2 |3000