question

wormguy avatar image
wormguy asked

Dc load state not turning on

I have just connected a MPPT 100/20 to two 12v LiFePO Batts (in parallel) and using Pure sine Nomad 2290W inverter as DC Load (https://waveinverter.co.nz/shop/power-inverter/pure-sine-wave-inverter/nomad-nps-2200w-pure-sine-wave-inverter/). Connection is fine, app reports batt volt good at 13.2, tracks reasonable pv voltages, removed jumper, set load settings to always on after default showed load state as off. Status doesn't change, no matter load setting (even waiting 2 min). I have no load on inverter, but mppt DC load relay should still be on right? I do have mmpt case ground to same ground as inverter, but no current/batts go to ground so I believe that is good. Help?

MPPT Controllerssmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It isn't advised to put inverters on the load output. As per manual:

Some loads (especially inverters) have a higher current rating or start-up current rating. The current is higher than the load output can support. These loads should be connected directly to the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do I get it correct that you have connected a 2200W inverter to the load output of the MPPT?

That's absolutely not correct!

The load output is designed for some small loads not a big inverter. The output is rated for 20A (240W at 12V) not 200A.

2 |3000

wormguy avatar image
wormguy answered ·

Thanks. The grammar I the manual made me think it was preferable if not using one of th einverters they named. Should have followed my instincts.

2 |3000

cameron-clarke avatar image
cameron-clarke answered ·

I have the same problem. It was working fine last night when there wasn't much light, the 1000 w inverter worked just fine off of the Load circuit. But probably because I only had 60W load. I tried to turn it back on this morning (same load) and I was only getting a few volts out of the Load circuit while the battery has plenty of charge. Is it the case that we should just never hook up the inverter to the load circuit or only some of the time. I like the ability to control the Load based upon the battery charge which is why I have configured it this way. Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic