question

guru2431 avatar image
guru2431 asked

CCGX doesnt detect all BYD Battery modules

Hello everyone

I recently upgraded a perfect running system with 1-phase multiplus and 1 BYD Box Pro 4x 2.5kWh battery,

with a second BYD Box Pro with 4x 2.5kw battery.

I have addressed and connected all the batteries correctly.

However, it works when I connect the BMU to CCGX, the limit charge and discharge current is 140A, it only seems to recognize a maximum of 4 batteries)

No matter how I combine the batteries, new and/or old. (of course always correctly addressed)

Only 4 are recognized. The remaining 4 batteries showing a scrolling LED light. (dip switches are ok configured, also COM cables ok)
BMU from first BYD box mit BMU from second BYD Box changed = same effect

Thanks Michael

CCGX Color ControlBYD
8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@guru2431

Might be a BYD issue. The clue is the old and new mix. Could be firmware on their side or the BMU is not recognsing.

The scrolling leds I would think means no communication. Confirm which way you have addressed the batteries as 1-8 or 1-4 and 1-4 on the second stack?

0 Likes 0 ·
guru2431 avatar image guru2431 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hello Alexandra, that was my first thought too. But no matter how I mix the batteries with each other, old with new, there are no problems. No matter in which constellation always only from the 5th battery on. (5-8)
So the BMS firmware shouldn't really matter. And I addressed them 1-8
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ guru2431 commented ·
If restarting the GX does not help, it can only be firmware preventing the master module reporting the correct data to the GX.

BMS's broadcast their data, it is a one-way process. The GX only reports what it is sent, so if incorrect data is being received you have a compatibility issue that only BYD support can assist with.

1 Like 1 ·
guru2431 avatar image guru2431 guru2431 commented ·
PS: Firmware BMU: 4.14
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ guru2431 commented ·
Best contact @BYD_service and have them assist you.
0 Likes 0 ·
byd-service avatar image byd-service nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Hello, it is not uncommon that this happens when you expand a system. In general it corrects itself once all units are balanced. If the issue persists, please open a ticket in our service system so we can arrange a BMU replacement: www.support.eft-systems.de
1 Like 1 ·
guru2431 avatar image guru2431 byd-service commented ·
Hello, how long will it take until all packs are balanced?
Batteries are all full and status unchanged.
0 Likes 0 ·
guru2431 avatar image guru2431 byd-service commented ·

Hallo, das problem besteht jetzt noch immer, hätte ein Mail an eft-support geschrieben, bis jetzt leider noch keine Antwort.

Hello, the problem is still there, I wrote an email to eft-support, unfortunately no answer yet.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi to add to Alexandra: the GX device doesn’t speak to any module individually.

The BMS in the BYD sends one message to the GX device that contains the total CCL for the whole bank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.