question

sprinter23 avatar image
sprinter23 asked

Using ATC / ATD Signals from Lynx Smart BMS 500 with MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16

Question:

How do I make Victron MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16 230V VE.Bus "listen" to ATC / ATD Signals from Lynx Smart BMS 500?

Details:

I have a Lynx Smart BMS 500 and a MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16 230V VE.Bus.

Running the MultiPLus as Charger or Inverter works fine - but it needs to listen to the "Allow to Charge" and "Allow to Discharge" signals provided by the BMS.

My other Victron devices have enable inputs I can use or I am taking away the respective connections using relays controlled by the ATC/ATD signals of the BMS. The MultiPlus is lacking inputs like this - and I can't use relays, because then it still won't know if it is allowed to charge or discharge.

The MultiPlus is connected to the VE Bus Bluetooth Dongle and I am using the app to configure everything.

From my understanding I need to find a way to get the VE-CAN device (BMS) and the VE-BUS Device to talk to each other. Is there a direct method? Or do I need additional Hardware?

Any help is appreciated, even if it is just pointing me into the right direction. E.g. I'd like to read more about the different Victron Bus Systems and how they can or can't interact.

Thank You!

multiplus ve.bus
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Sprinter23 what GX device do you have?

The BMS and the GX communicate with the multi via VE Bus to control the multi ATC and ATD.

0 Likes 0 ·
sprinter23 avatar image sprinter23 klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I don't have a GX device. I thought I get all the features I needed through the app / bluetooth.

Are you saying this has to go through a GX device, there is no way to have a direct connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ sprinter23 commented ·
@Sprinter23 you cant use a 2 wire BMS assistant in the multi as it only has 1 input.

Maybe read the manual, and look at the schematics for some other options?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic