question

myvicrocks avatar image
myvicrocks asked

dbus Path for Multiple MPPTs

Hi all,

I have two MPPTs 450/200's they each have 4 trackers totaling 8 trackers.

Questions:

1. Based on the documentation below you should be able to access the *PV* values for the MPPT through solarcharger/PV/x+1. However which ever value(s) I look at it seems to be reporting (this is where I need clarification) either:

1. Combined values for both e.g. if I use solarcharger/Pv/0/P - Don't think its combined e.g. Production is 15KW of PV and on all 4 trackers I can see its producing 50% of that meaning the other 4 should be doing the other 50% of the 15KW

OR

2. It is not listing the second MPPT in the values example of what I can see:

solarcharger/Pv list the following for me:

solarcharger.jpg

If I check the influxdb structure it is also confirming that its only seeing one of the MPPT's and 4 of the 8 trackers:

solarchargerdbstate.jpg

I understand its storing it as an array so 0 = 1 tracker and so on. However it does not show me MPPT2 that has another 4 trackers on it. Am I missing something as below documentation seems to indicate I should be seeing all trackers.

Also if I use solarcharger/NrOfTrackers it is only reporting 4 not 8 (as my system is configured)

numberoftrackers.jpg

2. Is there a way to get the MPPT names from the InfluxDB? So I can relate the trackers to the names?

This is the documentation I am following:

dbus · victronenergy/venus Wiki · GitHub specifically at

Number of trackers:
/NrOfTrackers: Number of trackers, usually 1 for all common MPPTs, and 2 or 4 for MPPT RS.

PV Array voltages and currents:
/Pv/V             <- PV array voltage, path exists only for single tracker product (all common MPPTs)
/Pv/0/V           <- PV array voltage from 1st tracker
/Pv/x/V           <- PV array voltage from tracker x+1; today's max number of trackers in a single Victron product is 4.
/Pv/0/P           <- PV array power (Watts) from 1st tracker
/Pv/x/P           <- PV array power from tracker no. x+1. 
/Yield/Power      <- Total PV power (Watts).

Two examples:
  1) a solar charger with one tracker has 2 paths:
  /Pv/V
  /Yield/Power

2) a solar charger with two trackers has 5 paths:
  /Pv/0/V
  /Pv/0/P
  /Pv/1/V
  /Pv/1/P
  /Yield Power

grafanadocker
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
myvicrocks avatar image
myvicrocks answered ·

Just bumping this, incase there is an answer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

dbus includes separate services for each MPPT as well as system values. The system values are the combined values for all similar devices (all MPPT powers are added together).

I'm not familiar with the screen shot you show but it is not dbus-spy output. Whatever it is is not presenting true dbus parameters. Maybe there's a service qualifier? ????

1 comment
2 |3000

myvicrocks avatar image myvicrocks commented ·
Thank you @Kevin Windrem - The screen shots come from the Grafana & Influx docker images from victron. So it seems like the information (of course is there) but in these instances they not sperated in the influx data base. Might be something that is still being added?
0 Likes 0 ·