question

Jason Davis avatar image
Jason Davis asked

MultiPlus Inverter Charger - Limit Charging Amps

Hello,

I am looking at the MultiPlus 2000VA 12-Volt inverter charger. The specs say that the charger operates at 80amps. Is it possible to limit that to 40amps? My battery documentation recommends 40amp charging.

Also, can I configure the device using only the Victron connect app? Or do I need to buy a smart dongle and use some other app?

Thanks!

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Jason Davis normally a battery charge rate would also be similar to the discharge rate. Can your battery handle a discharge of 200a?

Also, can I configure the device using only the Victron connect app? Or do I need to buy a smart dongle and use some other app?

Normally you would use a MK3 usb interface with either VE configure (VE Configuration tools for VE.Bus Products ) or VictronConnect . A VE Bus Smart Dongle wont allow full setting options.

Alternatively you can use a GX device connected to VRM and use Remote VEConfigure using VRM

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic