question

opiekelly avatar image
opiekelly asked

No AC on battery

Hello I have a brand new Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80-50. My batteries are at 13.4 volts. I don't get AC power on the output terminals at the inverter. I see 13.4 volts on the link distributor. I am using 2/0 wire from batteries to the link distributor and 2/0 wire from inverter to the link distributor. I have the AC out connected to my load center in the trailer via 10 AWG. I switched the main break off on the trailer load center and still don't have AC out on the terminals. If I connect shore power, I get 120V on the AC out terminals and to the trailer load center. Microwave will work when on shore power. Shore power in is wire via 10 AWG and on a 30A breaker.

What should I look at next to troubleshoot?

img-6722.jpg

ac
img-6722.jpg (224.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
opiekelly avatar image
opiekelly answered ·

Well, I disabled AES and now the microwave is happy. Some some other posts that said you had to have a load to see 120V at the terminals/screws of the inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the feed back. Congrats.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

What position is the power switch in on the inverter?

I believe it has to be "ON" for normal operation with a VE Bus Smart dongle.

2 |3000

opiekelly avatar image
opiekelly answered ·

It is in the "ON" position.

One thing I need to go double check is I have it in AES mode. Not sure if that would be a problem.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic