question

charles borsboom avatar image
charles borsboom asked

How can I save long term history records?

Hi,

I just installed my equipment and it seems to be running fine for about two weeks now.

I am wondering how i can record the energy that is produced. Not only for the last 30 days (as I undestood is done by the MPPT) but just for the upcoming months and years.

A friend of mine has solar panels for at least 4 years now and his app is able to read back all the energy his system produced, by the year, month, week and even per day.

How can I get / record this sort of information with my setup?

thanks,

Charles

———— my setup

- 4 pv panels connected to MPPT 100/50

- 2 100ah 12v batteries in series

- phoenix 24 / 1200 inverter

- bmv 712 smart

- blue smart charger 24 / 12 / 1

MPPT Controllersmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Charles,

Just email the history to yourself.

When in the history tab, you will see a symbol - 3 dots joined by 2 lines (just under TRENDS), tap the symbol and fill in your email address.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charles borsboom avatar image charles borsboom commented ·

Hi,

yes i found that option but this means that you have to email the ‘30days’ history roughly every month to myself. Not impossible, just a bit clumsy and not very failproof. Not to mention that one need to convert the ‘Day number’ to a specific date.

thanks anyway.

Charles

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

charles borsboom avatar image charles borsboom commented ·

Thanks Guy,

The LoRaWan is interesting though I have no idea if I am in the reach of an antenne. As far as I understand there is no such thing that is just plug n play into my home internet so I can connect with the Victron equipement from outside. (same idea as I can access my NAS disks located in my house)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ charles borsboom commented ·

To see if you have a LoRaWAN gateway in your area use this map:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/map

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic