question

Michael Donatz avatar image
Michael Donatz asked

VictronConnect + SmartSolar: showing different stages

Hello! My system seems to be physically working fine, but the reporting from the VictronConnect app seems a bit off.

The LED on the SmartSolar shows that I'm in the bulk charging mode, but the VictronConnect app shows things in Absorption at a tiny current (0.5 A). My BMS however shows that I am indeed getting a more reasonable current given the conditions.

Additionally, the VictronConnect app shows the battery side voltage as 14.60 V, where my multimeter at the MPPT battery wiring, and BMS both agree that the voltage is at 13.2 V.

Where should I begin looking first to try to understand why the VictronConnect app is in disagreement with what I'm measuring and seeing reported elsewhere?

I've found a few posts that touch on the voltage issue, but haven't found any posts that deal with the mismatch in charging stage LED vs VictronConnect app issue.

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Donatz avatar image Michael Donatz commented ·

I do want to add also that the VictronConnect app shows a history of solar input over the past 30 days, even though today is the first day that the panels have been connected. The MPPT controller has been wired to the battery for a week now.

Why would it be showing solar input for a time period when the controller was never connected to panels or the battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

What components are in your system?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Donatz avatar image Michael Donatz commented ·

Heya Kev, thanks for the reply! My system at the time was composed of a Victron Lynx bus, which had the following connections:

• A LiFePO4 battery
  • A DC main panel
  • Victron Smart MPPT: 100/35 [which leads to 400W of solar]
  • A Marinebeam wind controller [which leads to a wind generator]

0 Likes 0 ·