question

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa asked

Multi EVCS on one system - how will it handle excess solar?

Hi,
I have a cliente looking at 2 EVCS on one system connected to AC2 out of the MPII's but the following questions come to mind;

1) When both are configured to Auto to use excess solar, how will it handle this? Will it share the available excess power, prioritise one,...?
2) Will both chargers show up seperately in VRM?

3) Can I have one on auto to use surplus and the other programmed?

The setup will be ESS with the following as the main components;
3 x Multiplus II 48/5000 in parallel (15KVA 1 x 230V)
1 x RS MPPT 450/200
1 x MPPT 150/85
12 x Pylontech US3000C
1 x Cerbo GX
37 x Hyundai HiE-S440HG

Thanks in advacne

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, we did some test and up to 50 charging stations on the same GX should be OK from the communication point of view.

Then, regarding power-sharing, at this moment, all the available power will be shared between them. We are planning to add priorities, but I can't say when.
On VRM, you can see them separately, if necessary, organized on AC IN or Ac Out, as you can see on the picture below.1679679297529.png

If you are a nerd (like me :) ), you can also create custom charging rules in Node-Red. We have nodes for charging stations, that allow configuring all the parameters.

1679679297529.png (77.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
That's great Lucian Popescu, Thanks for the prompt response. I'll play with NodeRed a bit and see what I can get to for ths client.

Have a great weekend!

1 Like 1 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ponzoa commented ·

A nice place to start learning is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_iaciqn_Fg
Check all 3 videos from series

1 Like 1 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
That's great, Thanks Lucian. I actually joined that webinar but had technical issues so seeing the summarised YouTube was great.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·