question

Neill Robinson avatar image
Neill Robinson asked

No Solar production when Solar MD BMS plugged into CCGX

On my easysolar 5kva system i'm not getting any solar production. Disconnected my pylontech batteries today and connected 2x solar md 14.3kw units as i upgraded my batteries. Communication via can bus from solar md bms to CCGX. No solar production. Under Battery details - Installed/Available capacity shows 560Ah 560Ah however batteries are sitting at 47% charged. Please can Victron support assist me

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you adjust the charge settings in the MultiPlus and MPPTs?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Neill Robinson avatar image Neill Robinson commented ·

Good Day Matthias,

We did go over all these settings yesterday as per victron recommended settings document for solar md batteries. We made off a new communication cable and i double checked that the pin configuration was right. I came across the following questions on the forum. No Solar production when Solar MD battery Logger is plugged into CCGX - Victron Community (victronenergy.com) and i can confirm i had the same problem. I did redetect the batteries last night in the remote console and for about 5 seconds it still showed pylontech batteries and then it changed to solar md. I repeated the process and now it only showed solar md batteries. It seems the colour control somehow did not want to forget the old batteries. I can confirm the ESS now works and can charge in bulk format. Im awaiting for some sunshine to see if the solar panels will generate power to charge the batteries. I will let you know the outcome.

0 Likes 0 ·
danny-du-plessis avatar image
danny-du-plessis answered ·

Hi Neil

As I recall you will need a solar MD logger v2 to update the bat BMS. If you don't have one you can ask a installer to do the following setup for u. Ask solar MD support to setup with direct communication to CCGX. Also make sure u have the correct cable between batt and CCGX. Hope this helps.

1 comment
2 |3000

Neill Robinson avatar image Neill Robinson commented ·
Good Day Danny,

Im going to give solar md support a call this morning. New coms cable was made and installed. Did test the cable with a cable tester to ensure correct pin configuration. Will let you know when we have a working solution.

0 Likes 0 ·