question

conceptura avatar image
conceptura asked

Battery Protect Limits

I just bought a battery protect 12/24 65 to ensure my inverter switches off a load if my lead acid batteries go below 12V. I haven't installed it yet because I noticed the amperage is 65 amps. So if I am drawing for example 1000W from my house then this will generate a current of 83A. Will this trip off the load also? My guess is I've screwed up and not allowed for a big enough current. I see there's a BMS system which can handle 200A but that costs a small fortune. So far I just keep an eye on the battery bearing in mind the weather and our usage but would prefer to have more peace of mind.

Thanks.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

You can't use a battery protect with an inverter. It specifically states this in the manual.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conceptura avatar image conceptura commented ·
thanks for taking the time to answer. I am confused however. I thought the battery protect was to prevent the inverter from continuing to draw energy when the batteries are low. If that's not what the product is for then what purpose does it serve?
0 Likes 0 ·