question

eerskie avatar image
eerskie asked

BlueSolar MPPT 250/100 temperature sense

Dear all,

I searched, but failed to find an answer - I apologise if I am repeating a question.

Recently I was surprised to find that on a sunny winter day there was no current going from the charge controller to the battery. Connected to the controller through bluetooth to find that the controller had cut off due to a low temperature being sensed.

The controller stated that the temp was <0degC, but in reality (confirmed with an actual thermometer) was at least 10deg higher.

My interim solution was to set the min charge temperature to -10degC.

Where is the controller getting it's temperature from?

Thank you!

MPPT ControllersTemperature Alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

You have a Smartsolar unit. Bluesolar do not have bluetooth.

Internally. It's my understanding that essentially it takes a snapshot of the temperature at power-on and uses this temperature throughout the day as it's own operation would influence temperature.

If you do not have a direct-sense temperature probe (SBS, Shunt with temp sensor, etc.) feeding the MPPT temp data, do not enable any temperature-related features.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eerskie avatar image eerskie commented ·
Thank you - that makes perfect sense!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual