question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Linking 3 x 4 terminal Victron bus bars together to make a 12 terminal bus bar?

bar.png

Does anybody know if there is a metal bridge of some kind properly rated to combined 3 Victron 4 terminal bus bars together to make a 12 terminal bus bar? Many thanks in advance.

busbar
bar.png (383.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Nope. You have to do it yourself using a Flat Copper Bar and make sure it is big enough to support the current.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

An alternative is to use multiple Lynx distributors.

Some people use copper pipe hammered flat instead of the bar that @Michelle Konzack mentioned. But I wouldn't recommend a bodge like that.

1 comment
2 |3000

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
I need to connect some t-fuses to it, so I don't think Lynx will work for that.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I can not more remember how broad the Flat Copper Bar was, but the thickness was 5mm and I bolted it over the two bolts in the middle.

My customer had 3 of it and I made bolts in the middle between the bus bars, hence to connect the 4 Batteries (each 48V, 200Ah) and then on one end of the Busbar the 3 MultiPlus-II 48/5000 and opposite in the middle nothig (for now) and on the left/right Busbar each a SmartSolar MPPT 250/100-Tr VE.Can.

In this way I have mostly optimised the power between the 4 Batteries, 3 MultiPlus-II and two SmartSolar.

The leftover in the middle could be a 5kW Windmill if not connected 3-oase to the ACout1 of the MultiPlus-II.

I do not know, why the OP want to join the 3 busbars, but it sound like he want to use what he has to connect some heavier loads on it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic