question

jbates5873 avatar image
jbates5873 asked

removing GX from Multi5

Hi all,

I have a multi II GX 5kva 48v. I am wanting to expand it and i have the opportunity to get my friends unit (purchased at the same time) which is the exact same as mine.

I am wanting to run them in parallel, and from what I understand, I can only have the 1 GX unit.

My friend is replacing his unit with a 10KVA unit, which does not have a GX.

Is it possible to remove the GX from his 5KVA unit, and connect it to his replacement 10KVA unit? (ignoring the physical mounting if that's an issue. I mean specifically electronically and in terms of it actually working and functioning as it should) and then I can use his old unit as a non GX unit? in parallel with mine.

Thanks.

Jason

Multiplus-IImultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
vintdiesel avatar image
vintdiesel answered ·

I had the same question as I want to expand my system and use a Cerbo GX. My existing inverter is an MPII-GX 3kVa unit.

Found this post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/54262/use-more-than-one-gx-device-in-a-system.html

Regards

Damian

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.