question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

48V Megafuse vs T-fuse for lithium batteries?

I designed my system with Pylontech US5000 batteries, with banks of two batteries going to Lynx Distributors using 48V Mega Fuses. The system will limit 100A through the cables, but a short would potentially put too much current through the cables.

A solar consultant has told us Megafuses won't work, that the only fuse rated for lithium batteries are t-fuses. I've seen others use t-fuses in their systems, and seen others who have just gone with the Lynx and a circuit breaker and others who use nothing between Pylontech and the Lynx. But the consultant said t-fuses are required and there is no need for the Lynx Distributors because of this.

Any thoughts on this?

fuses
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pyrorider avatar image pyrorider commented ·
Your consultant is right, depending on where you read, the mega fuses have a short circuit interrupt capacity of 2000 to 2500A, Pylontech requieres at least 2500A PER MODULE, so you would need the T-fuses and a big busbar, the lynx is only good if you want to attach mppt chargers etc to the system to fuse them
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob answered ·

Is it possible that Megafuses were made for lead acid batteries rather than lithium?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pyrorider avatar image pyrorider commented ·
pretty much, yes
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic