question

giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo asked

Multiplus II 48/5000 configuration help

Hi, I need some help to clarify my mind with the installation of Multiplus II .I' m concerned about the possible feeding back of grid if I connct the Grid to AC in of multiplus . I searched on manuals and also tried with VE Configure to find a solution but I was not able. Can I set in some way the Multiplus to act as inverter to feed the loads and only get power from the grid when batteries are lower than a set SOC/Voltage? I will avoid the use of Multiplus in parallel with the grid since it does not seem to support the CEI-021 standard that requires external devices. Any help higly appreciated.

Multiplus-IIESSoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

1678121713674.png

1678121832056.png

Although the mentioned CEI 021 is available.

1678122064322.png

1678121713674.png (53.7 KiB)
1678121832056.png (35.2 KiB)
1678122064322.png (36.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

giampaolo avatar image giampaolo commented ·

Thank you Peter Buijs now is much clear that if I select "none" from grid selection the Inverter should not feed the grid. I sow that CEI 021 is present in the choice menu but below is specified that an external Interface is required. But anyway I'm not interested in feeding the grid all my production will be used for self-consumption . I currently have 11 Kw of panels on the roofs and 28 Kwhr of Lifepo4 batteries. Hopefully soon will replace the low cost inverters that I run at the moment with the new Victron.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnone avatar image
johnone answered ·

What you describe seems ideally suited to using ESS, where it's easy to disable export to the grid, and equally easy to time-shift grid consumption - e.g. charge batteries when grid tariff is lowest. In the UK - and of course it might be very different where you are - any device connected to the grid which involves PV inverting or battery charging is regulated by the energy distribution company. That is, the system design and installation would need to be agreed with the grid operator. Also, the Multiplus wants to be in parallel with the grid (helps with load balancing etc.). In the UK it's a common mistake to think "I'll just connect to the grid to charge the batteries" and that therefore the system doesn't need authorising - that's not true and the MP-II works in ESS mode by being in parallel with the grid.

1 comment
2 |3000

giampaolo avatar image giampaolo commented ·

Thanks Johnone. I must study a little bit better the ESS configuration to understand wath is better for me. Last thing I'm going to do is to use the multiplus to charge batteries from the grid. In Italy we are subject to regulations from distributors only if we have a system that feeds the grid and to do that a formal authorization is required. But I have always been working off grid. Probably in a first instance I will use the multiplus not connected to the grid and will use to charge the batteriues only with the Smart Solar Charger.

0 Likes 0 ·