question

klaus-gorka avatar image
klaus-gorka asked

Can I change the connection from VE.Can to BMS-Can on the CERBO GX

Hi,

this is my first time on this forum and I hope someone can answer this question:

My installer has connected the Pylontech US2000C (to CERBO GX and Multiplus II) to the VE.Can port.

However, I would like to connect them to the BMS-Can as recommended.

Can I simply change the connector and the terminator from VE.Can to BMS-Can?

What is the procedure?

Thank you in advance and greetings

Klaus

battery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Klaus Gorka The two ports run at different speeds. VE.Can is 256K and BMS-Can is 200K. If the battery is being displayed within the Cerbo and everything is working, why do you need to change?

I am nots are what documentation you may have read that has lead you to believe they should be connected to the BMS-Can port of the Cerbo. Please read this document. The document contains the following.

The battery with the empty link port 0 is the master battery.

Type A cable

The Victron VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable, part number ASS030710018 is used for connection with US2000C / US3000C / UP5000 / US5000 / US5000B / Force-L.

Clearly stating the VE,Can port on the Cerbo should be used. As I say if the battery is being detected and displayed, I would not change anything from what the installer has done. If the battery is not being detected, please talk to the installer.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·
The ‘document’ clearly states to use the BMS-Can port!
0 Likes 0 ·
klaus-gorka avatar image
klaus-gorka answered ·

@Bathnm OK but I read in this document this:

Connections

Some GX devices (such as the Cerbo GX), have multiple CAN ports. If your GX device has a BMS-Can port, this should be used. If your GX device ONLY has VE.Can ports, you will need to change the VE.Can port profile to CAN-bus BMS (500 kbit/s) for the battery (and then it cannot be used for other VE.Can devices).

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·
My Pylontech stack is connected to BMS-Can port without any issues, just make sure the BMS-Can port is enabled under ‘services’ to 500kb/s
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic