question

kaarthik avatar image
kaarthik asked

cerbo gx - internet connection

Dear all ,

i want to use external LTE device with sim card to connect gx device to internet connection , now Airtel sim provider asking that what is the domain , APN and gateway address for cerbo gx.please help me to find out this details.

cerbo gx
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@kaarthik

I think those are details you need from your sim card network provider.

The GX only needs to logon to the router; the router connects to the APN and gateway.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I dont know where you are but even google your network provider name followed by apn would help.

screenshot-20230303-083444.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
kaarthik avatar image kaarthik Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Dear alexandra,

I need victron communication domain id

0 Likes 0 ·
kaarthik avatar image kaarthik Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Dear alexandra ,

what i am trying to do that , i am using USR-G786 LTE DEVICE for internet provide device , Its not victron GSM.

i am trying to do activation of airtel sim card purposely Victron monitoring for that airtel provider asking me domain name and IP of the cerbo gx. find the attached example .whatsapp-image-2023-03-03-at-12726-pm.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @kaarthik

I doubt this is possible. The Cerbo GX does not support cellular modems other than the GX GSM or GX LTE 4G. See also the note here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/internet-connectivity.html#UUID-39ca5504-f0b4-6230-5d42-00317bd55afe

So you can choose between either a cellular router (not a modem) or a GX LTE 4G.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kaarthik avatar image kaarthik commented ·

Hi @Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff)

Thanks for responding.

Here is what I have done so far.

1. I've set up a network using my sim card and a TP-link router

2. In this network, I assigned a static IP address to the Cerbo GX device using its MAC address

3. I created a white list for this network which includes only the Cerbo GX and my laptop. I confitmed this by trying to access this network with my cell phone and failing to do so.

4. I also logged into the VRM portal of the Victron website and found the Cerbo GX device there and it was sending data to Victron

However, what I do not know is what domain name/IP address belonging to Vcitron energy the Cerbo GX device was sending it to? Is there a way for me to get this information?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ kaarthik commented ·

I'm not sure if I can be of big help here, but see if Q15 in the FAQ of the Cerbo GX manual brings you any further. It contains all public domain names and ports that the Cerbo connects to. Information other than that given there is not public.

0 Likes 0 ·