question

kaarthik avatar image
kaarthik asked

GSM GX lost its online and went to offline once a week

when i restart the GSM manually it starts to work.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
thtruck avatar image
thtruck answered ·

Do you use the usb from the color control? I did that with a gsmrouter from huawei and lost the connection many times. Since i have a direct usb connect from the battery it never failed again.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucas BARRAU avatar image Lucas BARRAU commented ·

I might be wrong, but the GX *GSM* is not a router, it's a modem so it need to be connected with the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
thtruck avatar image thtruck Lucas BARRAU commented ·

GX ain't a modem. It's a device with a possible wifi connection and you still need a modem or a wifirouter with internetconnection. As told i had a problem connecting the mifirouter on the usbport of the GX because the the mifirouter lost internetconnection. When i connected the mifirouter to a dedicated but seperate 24volt powersupply all problems were gone instantly and i have now for 2 months a steady connection. I also installed the latest firmware which restarts the GX when it has no internetconnection with any device connected. So far no problems at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucas BARRAU avatar image Lucas BARRAU thtruck commented ·

My bad, I was talking about the GX GSM, which is a modem, and it need to share data with the CCGX by USB. So i guess i this case we can't use a different power source.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucas BARRAU avatar image
Lucas BARRAU answered ·

I've got the same problem on 2 differents sites, i've tried also "reboot device when no contact with vrm", but it didn't solve my problem. If you have any update on this topic, would be welcome.

I might try the outdoor antenna, but please share if you have another solution.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all,

First of all, make sure to use the “Reboot device on no contact with VRM” option. During the reboot of the GX Device (CCGX, Venus GX), also the GX GSM will be power cycled. There is a special circuit in the GX GSM hardware for that.

@kaarthik was your problem solved by the advice to use a direct USB connection? How about the Reboot device on no contact?

@Lucas BARRAU make sure to use a direct USB connection; thats a good advice.

1 comment
2 |3000

thtruck avatar image thtruck commented ·

Although i am a huge fan of Victron and it's equipment i have to add that this GX GSM imo is highly overpriced because i can do the same thing with a 30 euro Huawei mifirouter instead of the 300 euro Victron GX GSM. Why is this GX so expensive?

0 Likes 0 ·