question

nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs asked

Datasheet or drawing for 500A / 50mV shunt?

I cannot find any detailed information on the 500A / 50mV shunt used with the BMV-712.

Does anyone have a drawing of the shunt and know what size bolts are used (e.g. M8, M10?).

BMV Battery Monitorinstallation
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nigelfxs avatar image nigelfxs commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff), @mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

A datasheet for this shunt should really be available on the Victron website. The essential details should also be included in the BMV-712 technical manual since it appears to be included in the package.

As a prospective user (I have not yet purchased the BMV-712) I would find the following information very useful:

• A basic drawing with overall dimensions, including spacing of the mounting holes.
  • The bolt sizes since I am going to have to order battery cables with correctly-sized ring-lugs.
  • Simple wiring diagram between Battery, Shunt, System loads and the BMV-712

I don't want this to sound like a rant, but it should not be this difficult to get basic info on Victron equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Pretty sure they are M10 they are for sure NOT M8

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jono (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Jono (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Paul B you are correct, the 500A shunt bolts are definitely M10 size.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
  • Shunt terminal size: M10
  • Shunt mounting holes: 5.8mm dia. (101.5mm between centres)
  • Shunt overall dims: 120 (L) x 40 (W) x 50 (H) mm

Copy/paste from a supplier website.

Edit/: Not 500A, but.. https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/shunt-600a

Wiring diagram is here :

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quickinstallsheet_BMV70x_part1_2.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

Many thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks very much! The STEP file is also a bonus :-)

Regards, Nigel

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic