question

hectonath avatar image
hectonath asked

Remote safety switch on all installation devices

Hi everybody,

I'm working on an installation with 3 BlueSolar MPPT charger an 2 parallelized Multiplus II inverters.

I whould like to know the best practice to connect au safety switch to shutdown all the devices on one shot.

Can I simply parallelize a NC safety switch on all "remote on/off" connectors of the devices?

Thanks

safety
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

w8dev avatar image w8dev commented ·
@hectonath what did you end up coming up with? I'm looking at a similar project where I would like to shut down all devices with a single button press.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The Multi's have an aux input that can be programmed as an emergency stop. The MPPT's are a little more difficult as you would need to reprogram the VE-diect port to act as a remote control input. The other method would be to use a 2nd NC contact on the stop switch to open relays on the PV side of each MPPT. The multi's also have the remote switch input. However, paralleling the multi's logic inputs is not generally recommended due to ground voltage differences, power up sequencing problems etc. You should use blocking diodes to connect the logic inputs to the switch. ground from 1 inverter should be used to the other terminal of the switch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hectonath avatar image
hectonath answered ·

Hi Mike and w8dev,

thank you for your response.
Finally, I've use a double NC safety switch connected on the remote input of each Multi.
I doesn't shutdown the MPPTs.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic