question

Paul Carmichael avatar image
Paul Carmichael asked

Is this a browser bug or server bug?

Browser running 24/7 as monitor on old 32 bit Acer One Aspire. After a few days and when there is an error the browser freezes.

20230225-092516.jpg

bug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Looks like browser trouble (possibly unsupported/untested).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Update your browser.

I had the same issue with some websites e. G. AliExcess and updating my Firefox did the trick

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

If your Acer is very old it may not support the version of Firefox needed to run VRM. This ceased being compatible with Firefox 52.9.0 last December for reasons which were not explained.

It does however still work reliably with Remote Console which is what I see you are using.

For monitoring I have got an old Dell laptop running XP hence the old version of Firefox, and I haven't seen this script error message with Remote Console though I occasionally get it with other web sites. So I don't think that is the root of the problem. You may be able to suppress these errors by changing the settings in your browser even if you cannot update it.

4 comments
2 |3000

Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael commented ·
It's a cut down browser on 32 bit Puppy Linux. The hang only seems to occur when there's an inverter error thrown ie; in this case low voltage (lead acid batteries - a 2kW drain pulls the voltage down to 44). I wouldn't know where to start changing settings on that browser.
0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image sharpener Paul Carmichael commented ·

Try the Help tab or F1. But I am no expert on the Linux environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael sharpener commented ·
Heh. I know plenty about linux but nothing about the browser. I don't even know what it's based on. I'll go and look now...
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Carmichael avatar image Paul Carmichael Paul Carmichael commented ·

It's this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_(web_browser) version 48.

I've just done a few tweaks which will probably make no difference.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic