question

clive-layland avatar image
clive-layland asked

Firmware update on MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100

Good day. I am in the process of installing new Lithium batteries to my system from lead acid. I have updated the BMV, Color |Control and MPPT firmware and now need to update the MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 S/N HQ1517N9CW6 which has Software version 2624158, firmware version V158. I have the Mk2 USB interface and VE Configure and Victon connect software installed but after some research believe that VEflash is required to update this older gen Multiplus. Would you be able to advise what Firmware version is the correct, latest to update to please.

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

For a single unit (no parallel or 3 phase config) FW 158 is the latest Non Assistant version.

The latest FW for this unit with both Virtual Switch and Assistants is FW 2624502 feb 8 2023

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

clive-layland answered ·

Thank you very much Peter for the prompt reply.

Indeed, it is a single unit, no parallel or 3 phase configuration, so leaving with current firmware version 158 is acceptable then?

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Clive Layland

It's worth updating. There's been many improvements between 158 and 502, and you may find yourself stymied when you attempt to use some feature in your system that 158 can't handle.

You'll need VE.Flash, and I suggest you sign in to Victron Professional for full access to firmware changelogs and fw files themselves.

In your travels you may see mention of Multi fw updates via VRM. If your CCGX is as old as your Multi (HQ1517 means 2015, week 17), that method won't work and it will throw a #1342 message. 158 is too early as well.

But Flash is painless if you follow the instructions. Pull the VE.Bus cable from the CCGX while you're doing it.

2 |3000

clive-layland answered ·

Hi John, appreciate the reply. 100% correct, I do receive the #1342 when trying to update via VRM. I am on Victron professional so will download the firmware and give VEFlash a go, thank you.

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Clive Layland

The 'Old CCGX' limitation via VRM doesn't apply to VE.Configure updates of your data (.rvsc) file, so you can do that via VRM if you prefer.

0 Likes 0 ·
clive-layland answered ·

Thanks John, appreciate the advice. Multiplus firmware now updated to 502 using VEFlash. Few heart stopping moments but eventually got there. Also figured you have save after loading existing settings using VEConfig. All sorted now thank you.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic