question

amacris avatar image
amacris asked

2 CCGXs not fully synchronizing

I have an installation with 2 multiplus 24/3000/70 in parallel and 5 Blue Solar MPPT 100/50. As I was running out of ports on the CCGX I bought an additional CCGX where I connected the 2 MPPTs. I connected the 2 CCGXs through the VE bus port (where the 2 multiplus are also connected).

The first CCGX (master) is connected to VRM in order to monitor the installation. It will display correctly the status of the 2 multiplus, the voltage and current through the BMV, but will only show the 3 MPPTs directly connected to it, not the 2 MPPTs connected to the other CCGX.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can't connect two GX devices together, you can only have one GX per system.

You can use VE.direct to USB cables and an USB Hub to connect more MPPTs to you first CCGX.

But you get close to the maximum for the CCGX. A Cerbo GX would be the better device for you.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

amacris avatar image amacris commented ·
Thanks a lot Matthias.

Can we have both the CCGX and the CerboGX working together?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ amacris commented ·
No, only one GX device in a system.

If you need a screen for the Cerbo there is the GX Touch 50 or 70.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Multiple GX devices in a single system are not supported.

I think you can do it all on the single CCGX by connecting some/all of the MPPTs with VE.Direct to USB adapters and connecting via a USB hub to the CCGX.

3 comments
2 |3000

amacris avatar image amacris commented ·

Except for the VE Bus and the VE Can where we can connect multiple devices in a chain, CCGX has 2 VE direct and 2 USB ports, so the maximum number of devices for these ports is 4 (1 for BMV and 3 for MPPTs)

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ amacris commented ·

@amacris The CCGX can handle a max of 5 VE Direct connections (with usb hub) before the CPU runs out of grunt. Victron GX product range [Victron Energy]

1 Like 1 ·
amacris avatar image amacris klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

image-2023-02-27-203811289.png

There are 2 VE Direct ports, 2 USB ports and 1 USB port at the bottom (with a comment in the manual that is "Not Used". Can we use this USB port? Is there a special VE Direct to USB cable for this port? or do you have something else in mind?

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Per @Matthias Lange - DE above:

"You can use VE.direct to USB cables and an USB Hub to connect more MPPTs to you first CCGX. "

Plug two VE.Direct devices into the VE.Direct ports.

Get a USB hub.

Plug it into the "USB host" port

Plug up to 3 additional VE.Direct devices into the hub using a VE.Direct to USB cable.

This will allow you to use 5 VE.Direct devices with the CCGX. The CCGX CPU can't handle more than 5 VE.Direct devices.

2 |3000